Last Updated on January 12, 2021 by Chandler Bing
It’s normal to have a lot of questions when you face a design and/or renovation project and find out that you have a lot to ask but don’t know who to approach. If you are one of them then this FAQ might have the right answers for you! No matter if you are handling a design project for your own home or for your office, whether you are renovating a big office space or a tiny home, we have collected a set of frequently asked questions from readers that you may also be wondering. Look no further and see how you can easily manage your own project with this FAQ!
✅ Here are some really popular gadgets from our community, click the images to learn if they are for your interior space?
Renovating Your Property
Small Space Design
Renovating Your Property
1. What are some things to consider when selling a house to buy a new home?
- It is always nice to look into the market trends for interior design so they can be more attractive to potential buyers. These days one of the popular design trends is a modernized and minimalist look.
- Note that newly renovated properties sell at a much higher price and also sell faster. So simple renovations in the flat is a worthwhile investment.
- On the other hand when buying a house, it might be more ideal to buy them at a lower price and renovate it to your taste. While it is a more tedious process it will be a space built to suit your needs so it is much more worth it at the end.
- Have a glance at ‘Property Investment: The Best Way to Increase the Value of Your Property’ to see what are some things you can do with your house to increase its price in the market.
2. What is the average price to rent a house in Hong Kong?
- The average studio apartment in Hong Kong located in the city center is around 16,000 HKD per month. The price of houses change depending on the location, amenities offered, state of the flat, age of the building itself, etc. The size is an important factor in influencing the price. However, how decent the flat looks also plays a huge factor.
- Apartments in so many old buildings in Hong Kong can be very expensive after owners renovate it to look new and stylish!
- Get more information on increase rental prices on ‘Home Interior: Here’s The Ultimate Recipe to Use Decoration to Increase Rental Yield’
3. How much does home renovation cost in Hong Kong?
- Hong Kong is famous for its rocketing housing prices and tiny homes. Not only do the owners of the new houses need home renovation, but also those would like to boost the market value of their flats.
- There are many factors that affect the cost of renovating a home. Are you considering renovating the flooring? The kitchen? The bathroom tiles and repaint the walls? Or are you just looking to buy new furniture for your home?
- You can also make an estimate by calculating the cost for each furniture you buy, especially if you are just doing some minor changes and replacements. Hiring someone such as an interior designer for a bigger project does cost more money, but it does give a more professional angle and more promising results.
- In any case, getting in touch with a professional interior designer will help you find the ideal residential interior design you want! It’s easiest to discuss it with someone who knows about interior design and can tell you more details like cost and what is doable and what is probably not achievable.
- ‘Hong Kong Home Renovation Costs: Complete Breakdown 2021’ can help you get a general idea on the cost of your home renovation
4. How to select the best interior design for my renovation project at an affordable cost?
- There are so many interior design styles and options. Depending on your personal preference and budget, there can be a wide range of options.
- With the right designer, the renovation should go smoothly and aim to display the project owners’ visions.
- To find the right interior design for you you might also consider getting an interior designer that can help materialise your visions.
- Archiparti is a company that connects you with different interior designers. It is very important to find an interior designer that can deliver the vision of your ideas. We can help you connect with various designers that can go over ideas with you and you can choose the one that matches your vision the most.
- For help in analysing plausible results given your unique criteria check our site archiparti or contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
5. When it comes to remodelling a home should I get a contractor or DIY?
- There is no definite answer, at the end of the day it is your choice whether you want a contractor to remodel your house or not. However, having a contractor will definitely lower the workload for you especially if you are doing a big renovation project. Having professionals to do the job may also ensure the quality of the finished flat looks better than if you do it yourself.
- Professionals such as interior designers can also help your home not only look harmonious but also take into account the size, atmosphere, comfort, and other factors that you may have overlooked. After all, they are experts in knowing design principles that can make your house look bigger and brighter.
- If you do decide to hire someone, find someone that can really understand and deliver your needs. Get more information archiparti or contact us through email@example.com
6. How can I find a shop or store designer in Hong Kong?
- A store with a good design is crucial in a successful business. From customer appeal to spending trends, the layout of the store needs to be carefully planned unique to your shop.
- In Hong Kong, there are many shop designers that are good. However, finding a designer that matches your vision is important so your store can reach its potential.
- You can get more information with the following article, ‘Retail Interior Design’.
7. What are the best inexpensive, fashion and home decor blogs?
- There are so many things you can do for house decoration while staying within budget. Home decor can make a space look polished and stylish. It is a great way to personalise your space.
- DIY home decor starts with an idea. It is great to get started by looking at photos of different styles and ideas to get a grasp of what styles you prefer and gain some inspiration.
- Besides some simple DIYs you can also use different furniture to change up your house design! Check out more home decors on ‘7 Interior Decoration Ideas That Will Actually Attract Guests and Make You Proud’
- Archiparti’s pinterest contains many creative ideas that you can have in your DIY home decor with inspiring photos.
8. How can kitchen remodelling enhance your home?
- Kitchen remodelling is a great way to enhance the interior of your home. It is a practical place to upgrade since you need to use it to cook meals everyday so it is definitely a worthwhile investment to improve your quality of life.
- There are lots of ways to make easy and quick changes on your own or with a professional. Even small changes can enhance the look of your home because it can create a brighter and cleaner atmosphere. Especially in Hong Kong, where space is very small, a messy kitchen design is unbearable. A good design helps make usage much easier and look more spacious.
- Before actually starting on the renovation process, looking through ideas and knowing what outcome you are looking for can help. There are many things you have to take into account other than aesthetics. Get started going down the right track with ‘Types of Kitchen – Infographic’
- Depending on your choice of style, kitchen remodelling can also make your home more unified and coherent. Read more about kitchen design on ‘Kitchen Design: The ONLY Guide you need in 2021 (SIMPLE)’
9. Can I make my home eco friendly whilst living in a city like Hong Kong?
- Self-sufficient living is becoming more popular as increasing attention is given to the problem of global warming and environmental decay. Self-sufficient homes are helpful in minimising pollution and using less resources.
- It is not impossible if you are living in a tiny home in a city like Hong Kong. You can make many small changes that contribute to an eco friendly environment such as reusing water for plant irrigation and growing your own vegetables.
- Transform your space into an eco-friendly place with more information: ‘Guide on Self-Sustainable Off-Grid Urban Living | Is it possible in city apartments?’
10. How can I DIY a good pantry cabinet for my home?
- A good pantry cabinet is one that fits your home needs and doesn’t look awkward. It is important that your cabinet design goes well in harmony with the rest of the house.
- Building your own pantry cabinet is also a great idea to fit your home.
- To grasp a better understanding on pantry cabinets take a look at ‘Instant DIY Pantry Cabinet’
11. What is the best furniture directory in Hong Kong?
- There are so many big shops that sell furniture like Ikea or Pricerite. Especially because Hong Kong has a lot of tiny homes, buying already made furniture can waste a lot of home space.
- Archiparti can connect you with a designer that can help you pick out the most fitting furniture for your space. Get more information archiparti or contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
12. What are typical steps for a home remodeling project?
- The steps for home remodelling starts with finding an interior designer. Then the rest is easy as it will be a guided journey. But getting a floor plan prepared is important to communicate any details with your designer.
- A floor plan of your apartment gives the basic tools a designer needs to get started on your project.
- Measuring your space is not a complicated process and you can do it yourself with the ‘5 Ultimate Steps to DIY Site Measurement’ guide.
13. How to Feng Shui your home for good luck?
- Influenced by traditional Chinese mindset, Feng Shui is extremely important in a renovation process to help bring good energy to your space and life.
- One of the basic tips to have good Feng Shui is the placement of your furniture. You may have a tiny home in Hong Kong but following guides to have better Feng Shui is not impossible and in doing so it can promote positivity, harmony, fortune, and luck.
- The bedroom is also a key area to focus on as you spend a considerable time sleeping and living in this space.
- For more information read the guide for tips on ‘How to Feng Shui Your Bedroom? (Tips Updated 2021)’
Small Space Design
14. Is it worth renovating small flats in Hong Kong for leasing out?
- Just because the flat is small and not for personal use does not mean it is not worth investing in it. It is a good investment to renovate the interior as a beautiful, new, and user friendly flat can drive rent prices up dramatically.
- The perception or aesthetics of your home (big or small) is part of the factor that determines price. So it is important to make it look its best to attract customers.
- In the long run, renovating your flat should do you more good. If you’re looking to renovate your flat I would suggest reading a few tips like ones on ‘Property Investment: The Best Way to Increase the Value of Your Property’. It should help you get a general idea on why renovating your small flat is worth it!
15. Is an architect necessary to renovate a tiny home?
- An architect mainly deals with the construction of buildings so when it simply involves renovation of your own flat that might be unnecessary.
- However getting an interior designer is probably a good idea. They definitely have a professional eye for renovation process and interior design as they are trained for it. So it may be more reliable to trust them with the process.
- If you aren’t too sure yet maybe just try sending in your project details and ideas to an interior designer. Archiparti is where they connect you with someone that best fits your needs and ideas to get your project started, getting what you need with the right budget and vision.
- Have a browse through ‘Mercer Island Photo Tour: Kitchen + Dining Area’ and see what your home could look like in the hands of the right designer.
16. How can I make efficient use of my tiny home and make it look more spacious?
- Hong Kong is famous for its rocketing housing prices and tiny homes; however, just because your apartment is small doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice on design or coziness.
- It is difficult to design a house in general, let alone a tiny house. With such limited space to work with, using every inch of the house is important. Decluttering may also be a practical solution to make your home look more spacious and less cramped.
- It is important not to forget about the vertical space in the flat and maximize the use of these spaces. Consider spaces between furniture, avoiding Irregularly-shaped furniture (as it takes up more space), and looking into multifunctional furniture are some tips to start with.
- By knowing how to optimize space with the use of innovative design, you could actually have everything you need and more! For more information on how to design your small flat check out ‘Small Apartment Design: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide’.
- To save more space, you can check out this article for more furniture ideas: ‘10 Smart Furniture Ideas For Your Tiny Apartment’!
17. What are some loft bedroom ideas to save space?
- In a place like Hong Kong where tiny homes are the norm, houses and apartment floor spaces are so precious. Getting that extra floor space could really brighten the house up or even make way for necessities.
- A loft is a perfect solution to that. If you already have a loft that’s great. You can transform your loft to make the most out of it. Such as customize shelves and customize furniture to fit the high ceiling area so that you can maximise the use of space.
- Remember that adding a door is not a must. You can still create privacy within the space with a simple installation of a curtain or blinds. Your space is already above the floor, so the curtains will do!
- Make use of tips that make your space look bigger. Having a loft bedroom can be crammed up; you can paint the walls white for the extra spacious effect. There are more detailed ideas on ‘15+ Loft Room Ideas That Will Give You Extra Floor Space’ regarding saving space with lofts. There are many tips and tricks that can make a loft bedroom ideal.
18. What is it like to move into a tiny house after living in a very big house?
- First of all, it definitely takes some time to get used to it. Everyone who moves to Hong Kong from elsewhere probably experienced that as houses are famous for being unbelievably small and expensive. However, there is a way to tackle that problem by making your home appear more spacious by using some interior design tricks.
- For example, breaking down walls to create more open space and using light colors in the house for walls and furniture can make the house look and feel bigger and spacious.
- There are more tricks you can learn from this useful blog: ‘3 Easy Hacks to Make Your Extra Small Hong Kong Homes Feel BIGGER’
19. How much will it cost to build a house in Hong Kong?
- There are two main ways to build a house in Hong Kong:
- Cheaper way: If you are an indigenous New Territories villager, you can build your house at an assigned location.
- Billionaire way: Being rich enough to rent a plot of land on the peak or some other prime area, then build your house according to building regulations.
Remember, Hong Kong government lease land out for long periods of time for developers to build properties but it is basically impossible to buy a plot of land and own it within the borders of Hong Kong.
- In both cases, you will still need to follow a lot of building regulations. Last month we quoted for building a village house of around 630 sq ft with 3 floors and the construction fee was about 1.2-1.8 million HKD.
- That included all built in pipes, ducts for gas, electricity, plumbing, drainage, doors, windows etc.
- But it did not include the construction of foundation, interior design and build, landscaping etc, as these can vary a lot depending on personal preference and actual site situation.
- We published a few detailed guides about house renovation in Hong Kong, please read ‘Home renovation costs guideline in Hong Kong (Updated 2021)’& get in touch if you need more advice.
20. Should I hire both architect and interior designer for office building construction?
- Of course! In fact hiring an interior designer is a great way to make sure that the space you have constructed is not just practical but also aesthetically pleasing both on the exterior and interior.
- However to introduce more people on the team do increase the need for proper communication between members. So it is key for communication to be conducted frequently and clearly so there is no misunderstanding between you and the designer to avoid any delays in the interior design schedule.
- One way to minimize this problem is to digitize standard procedures. Let archiparti help you to significantly improve the quality and efficiency of project management.
- Archiparti standardizes scope of design services and design delivery schedule to help you easily get high quality design service on time. More: archiparti or contact us through email@example.com
21. What are some good design ideas for a home office?
- The advantage of having a home office is that it can be tailored to suit your own needs instead of getting the standardized boring office equipment, so it largely depends on your personal style. Your office can be designed in many different ways.
- The most simply would be a minimalistic design. The white and simple design principle of a minimalistic style helps clear the mind and leave no room for distractions so you can focus on work.
- A darker themed office may also be something you wish to go for. It shouts elegance and boldness that branches away from boring and mundane. It is less common to see but it definitely is an idea that has character.
- For more ideas you can look through blogs for inspiration on what home office design suits you best. If you are interested in the dark theme you can get more information on ‘ Why you Should Also Have an Awesome Dark Office’ . The office space should reflect your personal style, so look through many designs and see what fits you!
22. How do I get started on my office renovation?
- If you have an idea in mind of the budget, design, or layout, you are off to a great start. It would be more convenient if you hire an interior designer if you are looking to make bigger changes.
- There are many focal points to pay attention to in order to incorporate all the important elements that make a successful office environment. For example, how to design your office layout so it is most friendly for workers.
- Open office is a trend in creating cooperative and equal environments that encourage workers. ‘Here’s Exactly How To Master Open Office Design (Part 1)’ is a guide that can help you get started with your office renovation.
23. What is the cost for office renovation?
- There are many factors that play into the price of office renovation or any renovation process in general. One of them is location, for Hong Kong it also depends on how centralised the area is as well, such as Wan Chai, Causeway Bay or Admiralty are all prime office locations in Hong Kong.
- The size and usable space of your office is also a major contribution to the price, (basically how big your office is).
- The quality of the material used to furnish or decorate the office can vary to meet the budget. If you want a more detailed guide to estimating your office renovation cost check out ‘Hong Kong Office Fit Out Cost Guide (2021)’, it helps you get a total idea on how much you should spend for your specific office.
24. Why do companies want to have open office workplaces, whilst the employees hate them?
- Open office had become a trend in office design, and Hong Kong is no exception. However, there are debates and concerns over its ability to foster productivity compared to traditional designs. Still, there are lots of benefits that come with an open office.
- Open office designs while looking fresh and spacious by design they provide no privacy for workers and that is usually what bothers them most. You can see what’s on everyone’s desks, their office supplies, what they are working on their computers, what plants they have, basically everything. When workers are already working in close proximity that can create tension and make workers feel stressed.
- On the other hand, it is understandable why employers love the design. Employees cannot hide in such an office space, and employers can know what they are doing very clearly and easily, not to mention it makes the office look more spacious.
- However, for the sake of the company’s future, in which both employers and employees play very important roles, it is better if all of them are content with the work environment.
- Open offices can be enjoyable for employees too, with the right design. There are quick and easy ways, look through ‘30 Office Interior Design Hacks That Can Save You Time and Money!’ for a successful and harmonious future of your company.
25. What are the central ideas for the interior design of offices?
- Interior design for corporate offices are actually very complicated, even for the basic central ideas. There is a lot more to consider than typical housing interior designs as it houses much more equipment and people so there are a lot of factors to take into account.
- For example, you have to take the comfort of staff members into account. If they do not feel comfortable with the work environment they might have low work efficiency and weak concentration.
- You also have to consider the first impression of the environment from the perspective of business partners. Some companies tend to use unique interior design styles to stand out. While it is not a wrong approach note that business partners and customers tend to see neat and tidy designs as signs of professional companies.
- Also, nowadays many corporate offices are going for a more “coworking space” design style, as a dark small packed old fashioned office is making recruiting of the new generation of talents challenging. ‘Take a Sneak Peek Into Offices of the Top Interior Designers/Architects’ and see how you can find a designer that fits your unique needs.
26. How to choose a rental office space in Hong Kong?
- Offices are everywhere in Hong Kong but they can be very different depending on their location. Most of the premium and costliest spaces are located in Central and Western districts where famous and the biggest companies in the world set up their branches. Those offices are usually relatively new or historically used by prestigious companies so the premium location gives your company more credibility and prestige.
- Whilst those in districts like Kwun Tong or Tsuen Wan are comparably older, and definitely cheaper. The monthly rent in these locations will only be a fraction of those located in prime locations.
- With a very limited budget, renting an office in a key district might not be a good idea. However, choosing a location that is convenient for the employees is also a good point to consider as no one wants to waste too much time on traffic every day.
- Interior design also affects the price of the office spaces. Smarter designs are more attractive to users and potential customers. So by renovating the interior office space it can help workers use the space more efficiently and enjoyably but also increase the rent cost of the space!
- Even without being located in key areas, offices can still be at the top of the game. Much research has proved that a tastefully designed office interior can help to improve company work efficiency, hiring competitiveness, and leave clients a good impression upon interviews. Read ‘30 Office Interior Design Hacks That Can Save You Time and Money!’ for more tips and information.
If you have more questions and/or concerns for your interior design and renovation projects you can always contact archiparti for more information or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for free consultation on your project!