Updated June 16, 2017
Welcome to archiparti!
Thanks for thinking of us for your next project. We know you’re chomping at the bit to get going but before we get started we need to go through a few important points.
Accepting the archiparti Terms & Conditions
This Collaboration Agreement with archiparti (“Agreement”) constitutes a legally binding contract between archiparti International Limited, a Hong Kong Company (“archiparti,” “we,” “us,” “our”) and you (“Member”, “Members”, including project owners and Service Providers.) with respect to your use of the archiparti website, archiparti applications for mobile devices, and the Information and Services (each as defined below) (collectively, the “Website”). It is important that you carefully read and understand the terms and conditions of this Agreement. By using the Website, you agree to be bound by this Agreement.
We reserve the right at any time, with or without cause, to:
• change the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
• change the Website, including eliminating or discontinuing any Information or Services or other feature of the Website; or
• deny or terminate your use of and/or access to the Website.
The archiparti Platform
archiparti has created a marketplace to connect Project Owners and Service Providers using the archiparti Platform. The archiparti Platform enables both Project Owners and Service Providers to buy and sell Services online. Project Owners post projects and invite Service Providers to apply. Service Providers apply to projects. If a Project Owner accepts a Service Provider’s project application and made payment, a contractual relationship is formed directly between such Project Owner and Service Provider with archiparti as third-party contract signing witness. archiparti collects payment from the Project Owner on behalf of the Service Provider and escrows the payment on the platform. Project Owners and Service Providers may agree to additional terms in their Service Contract (including offline services) materially different than the Standard Terms; however, nothing in such Service Contract will in any way limit or modify archiparti’s rights.
In the case where the standard archiparti contract terms are not used at any stage of the project, archiparti reserves the right to carry out thorough reviews and analysis to the documents as per requested by the Members. In any point of the project, archiparti will actively follow up on the project’s progress and resolve conflicts through the archiparti payment protection system. Note only activities and agreements recorded in archiparti Platform are protected by the system.
archiparti uses a third-party payment processor (the “Payment Processor”) to link credit card accounts to the archiparti Platform. The processing of payments or credits, as applicable, in connection with your use of the archiparti Platform will be subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the Payment Processor and your credit card issuer in addition to this Agreement. archiparti is not responsible for any errors by the Payment Processor.
archiparti expects a consistent and high level of courtesy, respect and professionalism from all of its Members toward each other. Members agree to use good judgment when posting information, comments, or other content regarding other Project Owners and Service Providers, archiparti or any third party anywhere within the archiparti Platform. Members may be held legally responsible for damages suffered by other Members, archiparti or any third party as a result of legally actionable or defamatory comments, remarks, or other information or content posted to the archiparti Platform. All Members are to comply with all laws applicable to them or to their activities, and with all posted archiparti Policies, which are hereby incorporated into this Agreement by reference. These policies may be modified from time to time at archiparti’s discretion, and the currently effective policies will be deemed to be part of this Agreement.
When submitting any content to or otherwise using the archiparti Platform, you agree not to post or transmit to or from the archiparti Platform:
● any unlawful, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or other material or content that would violate rights of publicity and/or privacy or that would violate any law;
● any material or content that infringes, misappropriates or violates any third party rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, patent right or other proprietary right of any third party;
● any falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us, our users or any third party;
● any private information concerning another person, without their permission;
● anything which impersonates another person or represents yourself as affiliated with us, our staff or other industry professionals;
● anything which solicits a user’s password or other account information;
● anything which harvests user names, addresses, or email addresses for any purpose; and
● any viruses or other computer instructions or technological means whose purpose is to disrupt, damage, or interfere with the use of computers or related systems.
You will not access (or attempt to access) the archiparti Platform by any means other than the interface provided, and you will not use information from the archiparti Platform for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was made available. You will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the functioning of the archiparti Platform. You will not upload or attach an invalid or malicious or unknown file. You will not insert any external links that may be malicious or unknown to you, or used for offering any goods or services other than Services.
You do further hereby agree to use the archiparti Platform for lawful purposes only, and not for any immoral or harmful activities. You agree that you will not do any of the following while using or accessing the archiparti Platform:
● attempt to access or search the archiparti Platform or download content from the archiparti Platform through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by us or other generally available third party web browsers;
● access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the archiparti Platform, our computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of our providers; gather and use information, such as other users’ names, real names, email addresses, available through the archiparti Platform to transmit any unsolicited advertising, junk mail, spam or other form of solicitation;
● use the archiparti Platform for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party or in any manner not by this Agreement; violate any applicable law or regulation; or
● advocate, encourage, or assist any other individual to doing any of the foregoing. We reserve the right to investigate and prosecute violations of any of the above and/or involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who violate this Agreement.
archiparti is not legally responsible for any remarks, information or other content posted or made available on the archiparti Platform by any Members or third party, even if such information or content is defamatory or otherwise legally actionable. archiparti is not legally responsible for any negative outcome of the relationship between Members. archiparti is not responsible for and does not monitor or censor content for accuracy or reliability. However, archiparti reserves the right to remove or restrict access to any information or content posted or made available on the archiparti Platform if ordered to do so by a government authority or if archiparti considers such information or content to be in violation of this Agreement, or to be unlawful, immoral or harmful.
Identity and Account Security
All identity information associated with an archiparti Member account must be real and verifiable. Each archiparti Member account must be used by only one person, and each person is allowed to use only one Member account. archiparti reserves the right to validate Member information at any time, including but not limited to validation against third party databases or the verification of one or more official government or legal documents that confirm the Member’s identity. You authorize archiparti, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries necessary to validate your identity and confirm your ownership of your email address or financial instruments. Failure to provide information about you and your business when requested is a violation of this Agreement.
The Member is solely responsible for ensuring and maintaining the secrecy and security of the Member’s archiparti account password. Members agree not to disclose this password to any third party and shall be solely responsible for any use of or action taken through the use of such password on archiparti. You must notify archiparti Support ([email protected]) immediately if you suspect that your password has been lost or stolen.
By using your archiparti Member account, you acknowledge and agree the archiparti’s account security procedures are commercially reasonable. You may not allow third parties to use this password to perform any action, including but not limited to, posting jobs, applying for jobs or performing Services under your archiparti Member account.
Working in archiparti
● Posting a project
All projects posted to archiparti must be in English or a language agreed by both parties and not contain any information enabling or requesting contact or payment outside of the archiparti Platform. Project postings must be of a professional nature and accurately describe the Services requested. They should be free of offensive language or advertisements for other products or services. Project postings may not request any service that is illegal or violates intellectual property rights, copyrights or the terms of service of another service, product or website. Project postings related to the creation of adult or explicit content or those that involve modelling or acting are prohibited. Project postings that involve exposure to content of an adult or potentially offensive nature should notify potential readers in the title of the job posting.
● Applying to a project
All project communications in archiparti must be in English or a language agreed by both the project owner and Service Provider, and not contain any information enabling or requesting contact or payment outside of the archiparti Platform. All information provided in a project application must be true, accurate and complete. archiparti reserves the right (but has no obligation) to verify any and all information provided on a Project Owner or Service Provider's Profile or project application. By applying to a project, the Project Owner or Service Provider is attesting that he/she/it has the skills and ability to perform the requested Services by the deadline stated in the project posting. archiparti reserves the right (but archiparti does not have the obligation) to verify the skill and ability of the Service Provider.
● Managing Projects
Project Owners agree to respond promptly to communications with and requests for information from the Service Providers. Any requests for feedback should be answered within 72 hours of request. If this does not happen to the satisfaction of archiparti, the project can be put under Project Protection by archiparti. If input on a project part is delayed by more than 7 days from the delivery date, archiparti has the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to put the project under Project Protection, determine fair compensation, and disperse funds between the parties as it sees fit, without archiparti incurring any liability whatsoever.
● Working on Projects
Service Providers agree to respond to all Project Owner communications and requests for information within 24 CALENDAR HOURS. If the Service Provider will be unable to meet this requirement due to an absence, he/she/it is expected to notify the Project Owner AT LEAST 3 DAYS IN ADVANCE. After the completion of a Service Contract, the Service Providers can provide timely, honest and objective feedback to each other.
Billing and Payments
Project Owners shall make all payments relating to, or in any way connected with, a Service Contract (including, without limitation, bonuses) through the archiparti Platform. The users must use archiparti platform as its exclusive method to request, make, and receive all payments for work directly or indirectly with that party or arising out of your relationship with that party. Any action that encourages or solicits complete or partial payment outside of the archiparti Platform is a violation of this Agreement. Should a Project Owner be found in violation of this section of this Agreement, it may result in a termination of their archiparti account and the Project Owner shall pay to archiparti fees equal to the greater of:
1. US$25,000; or
2.the applicable fees had the payments been processed through the archiparti Platform plus 18%.
Project Owners shall immediately notify archiparti if a Member requests that Project Owners make a payment directly to it or through any channels other than those provided or specified by archiparti. Members shall not accept any payments relating to a Service Contract (including, without limitation, bonuses) from a Project Owner directly or through any payment channels other than the archiparti Platform. Members shall immediately notify archiparti if a Project Owner attempts to make a payment to Member directly or through any payment channels other than those provided or specified by archiparti.
● Opt-Out Policy
Notwithstanding the provisions set forth above, Project Owners and Members may agree, with archiparti’s prior written approval, to provide or receive Services outside of the archiparti Platform with Project Owners and Members identified through the archiparti marketplace, but only on the terms set forth in this Section.
If the Services are rendered more than two (2) years after the Project Owner identifies the Member through the archiparti Platform, no archiparti Fees or buyout provisions apply. If Services are rendered outside of the archiparti Platform less than two (2) years after the Project Owner identifies the Member through the archiparti Platform, payments for such Services will not be subject to the archiparti Fees, provided that the Project Owner pays archiparti a “Opt-Out” fee in accordance with the procedure set forth below:
Prior to projecting outside of the archiparti Platform to receive Services from a Project Owner and Member identified through the archiparti Platform, the Project Owner will notify archiparti in writing of its intent to pay the Opt-Out fee in lieu of paying through the archiparti Platform.
Together with such notice, the Project Owner will pay or authorize archiparti to deduct from its account the greater of:
1. Twenty percent (20%) of the original project budget that has been approved on archiparti; or
2. Five thousand dollars (5,000 USD).
3. To pay the Opt-Out Fee, you must request instructions by sending an email message to [email protected]
4. By way of illustration and not in limitation of the foregoing, you must not:
- Submit proposals or solicit parties identified through archiparti to contact, hire, work with, or pay outside the Site.
- Accept proposals or solicit parties identified through the archiparti to contact, deliver services, invoice, or receive payment outside the Site.
- Invoice or report to the Lead Seller or in an Opt-Out Fee request an invoice or payment amount lower than that actually agreed between Users.
- You agree to notify archiparti immediately if another person improperly contacts you or suggests making or receiving payments outside of the Site. If you are aware of a breach or potential breach of this non-circumvention agreement, please submit a confidential report to archiparti by sending an email message to: [email protected]
If you refuse to accept any new version of the Terms of Service or elect not to comply with certain conditions of using the Site, and therefore choose to cease using the Site, you may pay the Opt-Out Fee for each other User you wish to continue working with on whatever terms you agree after you cease using the Site.
● Project Protection
In the off-chance that things go wrong, archiparti is committed to using its commercially reasonable efforts to correct the issue with Project Protection. archiparti Project Protection covers all projects, big and small. At archiparti’s sole discretion, it may withhold the following amounts for the Project Owner and/or Service Provider, and disburse such funds as it in its sole discretion determines, without any liability:
1. 100% of the project budget for incomplete work,
2. 75% of the project budget if the quality of the work is not up to archiparti standards,
3. 30% of the project budget for delays between either party,
4. 20% of the project budget for language tone between either party.
5. For purposes of the Project Protection, we cannot review project parts already marked as complete by both parties, work completed outside of the Service Contract, and work completed where funding has not been transferred in archiparti.
6. archiparti Project Protection is determined by the following timeline:
- Both Project Owner and archiparti Service Provider provide a compensation estimate (how much they think is owed) to archiparti Support ([email protected]) in writing.
- Both Project Owner and archiparti Service Provider provide any supporting documents that describe the specific project part being reviewed. Supporting documents include Service Contracts, archiparti internal messages, chats, conversations, emails and other documents you deem relevant. We require all supporting documents to be sent within 7 days, after which no additional evidence can be accepted. All supporting documents need to support the part under review.
- ONLY INFORMATION LOGGED IN ARCHIPARTI PLATFORM WILL BE CONSIDERED AS RELEVANT DOCUMENTS, CONVERSATIONS NOT RECORDED IN THE PLATFORM WILL NOT BE TAKEN ACCOUNT. WE ADVISE YOU TO LOG ANY KEY CONCLUSIONS AND CONVERSATIONS OFFLINE INTO THE PLATFORM AS SOON AS THEY HAPPENED.
archiparti will dedicate a third-party reviewer (from within archiparti or outside of archiparti), that has not had any relationship with the Project Owner and archiparti Service Provider, for their specific project and that has appropriate ability to perform the review of the project. archiparti takes things like delays, incomplete work, work quality and language tone into consideration to determine allocation of compensation. archiparti’s third-party reviewer will come to a conclusion within 14 days. archiparti’s Project Protection resolutions are final, non-reversible, and archiparti shall not be liable to either of the parties.
● Payment accounts
Each Member must properly discharge and credit its Project Owner for all payments archiparti receives from such Project Owner. Each User understands and agrees that: 1. The transmission of funds in the manner described herein is not a separate and discrete service that archiparti provides in addition to its archiparti Platform services. Rather, transmission of funds in an auditable manner is an integral part of the archiparti Platform services that archiparti is providing.
2. The archiparti payment account is a custodial account administered by archiparti to facilitate disbursement of the Project Owner’s payment to the Service Provider.
3. archiparti acts as agent of the Member and not as a trustee or fiduciary with respect to payments received through archiparti. The duties of archiparti as agent shall be entirely administrative and not discretionary save as expressly set forth herein.
4. archiparti holds funds delivered to it in a commingled account at a bank, and may include in the titling of that account “archiparti for the benefit of others” or similar words. archiparti will not voluntarily make your funds available to its creditors in the event of bankruptcy.
5. You agree that you will not receive interest or other earnings on the funds that archiparti handles as your agent and places in commingled accounts. In consideration for your use of the archiparti Platform, you irrevocably transfer and assign to archiparti any ownership right that you may have in any interest that may accrue on funds held in commingled accounts. This assignment applies only to interest earned on your funds, and nothing in this Agreement grants archiparti any ownership right to the principal of the funds you maintain with archiparti. In addition to or instead of earning interest on commingled accounts, archiparti may receive a reduction in fees or expense charged for banking services by the banks that hold your funds.
6. In the event of any dispute regarding the amounts held by archiparti, archiparti shall have the right (in addition to all other rights it may have) to deposit all funds held pursuant to this Agreement into the courts of HongKong.
Additionally, in the event that a Project Owner and Service Provider cannot agree upon whether a project (including but not limited to a Fixed-Price or Hourly Project) has been completed, and one of such parties advises archiparti that there is a dispute in that regard, then archiparti may determine if the project has been substantially completed and release the funds it holds to either the Project Owner and/or Service Provider, as it deems appropriate, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without any liability of archiparti to any party whatsoever. Members do hereby irrevocably authorize archiparti to determine whether the project has been completed, and to disburse the amounts it is holding on behalf of Member and Project Owner as it so determines to the party that it so determines.
If a Project Owner fails to pay amounts due under this Agreement, whether by cancelling a Project Owner’s credit card, initiating an improper chargeback, or any other means, any work-in-progress will be stopped. Without limiting other available remedies, a Project Owner must reimburse the Member for amounts due upon demand, plus any applicable processing fees, charges or penalties, plus interest at the lesser of one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month or the maximum allowed by law, plus attorneys’ fees and other costs of collection as allowed by law. In its discretion, a Member may setoff amounts due against other amounts received from or held for the Project Owner, make appropriate reports to credit reporting agencies and law enforcement authorities, and cooperate with them in any resulting investigation or prosecution.
● Hold on funds
archiparti reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to place a hold on funds for a Project Owner’s payments to clear or if archiparti suspects monies may be subject to charge back or if fraud is suspected. archiparti will release a hold as soon as deemed appropriate. In cases of fraud, abuse or violation of this Agreement, the archiparti payment guarantee shall be revoked and all monies in an archiparti account may be held and/or reclaimed, not just those from the project(s) under investigation.
Enforcement of User Agreement and Policies
archiparti has the right, but not the obligation, to suspend or cancel your access to the archiparti Platform if it believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement or violated our rights or those of another party. Without limiting archiparti’s other remedies, we may suspend or terminate your account, use self-help in connection with our rights to reclaim any available funds, and refuse to provide any further access to the archiparti Platform to you if:
● you breach any terms and conditions of this Agreement or other written policies and procedures posted on the Site;
● we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or
● we believe that your actions may cause legal liability for you, our Project Owners and Service Providers or for archiparti.
Once suspended or terminated, you MAY NOT continue to use the archiparti Platform under a different account or reregister under a new account. If you attempt to use the archiparti Platform under a different account, we reserve the right to reclaim available funds in that account and/or use an available payment method to pay for any amounts outstanding.
In addition, violations of this Agreement may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and may result in additional penalties and sanctions. When your Member account is cancelled, you may no longer have access to any parts of the archiparti Platform, including data, messages, files and other material you keep on archiparti. All intellectual property provided by Project Owners for the purposes of completing projects will be returned by Members immediately upon termination.
Terms for Project Owners and Members
Members agree that all projects and Service Contracts between any Project Owner and Service Provider shall:
● include the terms and conditions provided below (“Standard Terms”);
● name archiparti as an express third party beneficiary under the Service Project (but not as a party to that agreement); and
● make no representations or warranties or enter into any projects on behalf of archiparti.
Project Owners and Service Providers may agree to additional terms in their Service Contract materially different than the Standard Terms; however, nothing in such Service Contract will in any way limit or modify archiparti’s rights.
● ServicesMembers shall perform services in a professional and workmanlike manner. Under Fixed-Price and Hourly Projects, Members shall deliver the agreed-upon work from the Service Contract.
● AgencyMembers and Agency agree and acknowledge that an Agency’s employees or project personnel are not employees of archiparti or employees of Project Owners. Agency is solely responsible for all wages, costs, and expenses of Agency’s employees or project personnel and has the sole and exclusive right to supervise and control them. Neither Project Owners, nor archiparti, will require Agency’s project personnel to devote full time to performing the projects entered into by Agency as required by this Agreement. Furthermore, both Members and Agency acknowledge and agree that neither it, nor any of its employees or agents, shall have any claim under this Agreement for overtime pay, sick leave, holiday or vacation pay, retirement benefits, worker’s compensation benefits, unemployment benefits, or any other employee benefits of any kind from archiparti or Project Owners.
● FeesProject Owners shall pay Members the agreed-upon fees for delivery and acceptance of the work in the Service Contract. All amounts paid by a Project Owner shall be paid through the archiparti Platform to archiparti as the Member’s agent, and a Project Owner’s obligation of payment to a Member is met when payment is made to archiparti.
● Project Owner owned itemsProject Owners grant Service Providers a limited, non-exclusive, revocable (at any time, at Project Owner’s sole discretion) right to use the Project Owner Owned Items as necessary for the performance of the services. Project Owners reserve all other rights and interest, including, without limitation, all Proprietary Rights, in and to the Project Owner Owned Items.
Upon completion or termination of the Service Contract, or upon written request by the Project Owner, Service Providers shall immediately return all Project Owner Owned Items to the Project Owner and further agrees to purge all copies of Project Owner Owned Items and work contained in or on Service Provider's Premises, systems, or any other equipment otherwise under Service Provider's Control. Service Providers agree to provide written certification to the Project Owner certifying the return or purging of Project Owner Owned Items within ten (10) days after the receipt of the Project Owner’s written request to certify.
● Work ProductAny copyrightable works or works for hire prepared by Service Provider in connection with a project for a Project Owner shall be owned by the Service Provider until payment has been made by the Project Owner and accepted by the Service Provider. If the Project Owner pays an amount less than the amount agreed to in the Service Contract, the Service Provider may refund the amount paid within two (2) weeks of the payment date and retain ownership of the Work.
To the extent that under applicable law, Proprietary Rights cannot be assigned, Service Provider hereby irrevocably agrees to grant, and hereby grants, to the Project Owner an exclusive (excluding the Service Provider), perpetual, irrevocable, unlimited, worldwide, fully paid, and unconditional license to use and commercialize Work in any manner now known or in the future discovered.
To the extent such license grant is not fully valid, effective or enforceable under applicable law, Service Provider hereby irrevocably agrees to grant, and hereby grants, to the Project Owner, such rights as the Project Owner reasonably requests in order to acquire, as close as possible, all rights equivalent to full legal ownership. In order to ensure that the Project Owner will be able to acquire, perfect and use such Proprietary Rights, Service Provider will:
1. transfer possession, ownership, and title to media, models, and other tangible objects containing Work to the Project Owner;
2. sign any documents at the Project Owner’s request to assist the Project Owner in the documentation, perfection and enforcement of its rights; and
3. provide the Project Owner with support and reasonable access to information for recording, perfecting, securing, defending, and enforcing such Proprietary Rights. Service Provider also irrevocably authorizes the Project Owner to act and sign on Service Provider's Behalf and take any necessary steps in order to perfect the Project Owner’s rights under this Agreement.
In the case that under applicable law, Service Provider retains any rights of paternity, integrity, disclosure and withdrawal and any other rights that may be known as or referred to as “moral rights” (collectively “Moral Rights”) or other inalienable rights to Work or Confidential Information under this Agreement, Service Provider irrevocably agrees to waive and renounce, and hereby waives and renounces, in favour of the Project Owner, all such rights, or, to the extent Service Provider cannot waive such rights, Service Provider agrees not to exercise such rights, until Service Provider has provided prior written notice to the Project Owner and then only in accordance with any reasonable instructions that the Project Owner issues in the interest of protecting its rights. Service Provider agrees to assist the Project Owner in every proper way to obtain and enforce the Proprietary Rights and other legal protections for the Work in any and all countries. Service Provider will sign all documents that the Project Owner may reasonably request for use in obtaining and enforcing such protection, including, but not limited to, any assignment deed which the Project Owner may select at its sole discretion. Service Provider's Obligations under this Section will continue even after Service Provider deregisters from or ceases use of the archiparti Platform. Service Provider appoints the Project Owner as Service Provider's Attorney-in-fact to execute documents on Service Provider's Behalf for the purposes set forth in this Section.
● Pre-existing Intellectual Property in Work ProductService Provider shall ensure that no Work created or delivered by Service Provider includes any pre-existing software, technology, Proprietary Rights or other intellectual property, whether such pre-existing intellectual property is owned by Service Provider or a third party including, without limitation, code written by proprietary software companies or developers in the open source community (collectively “Pre-existing IP”) without obtaining the prior written consent of the Project Owner to the inclusion of such Pre-existing IP in the Work. Service Provider acknowledges that, without limiting any other remedies, Service Provider shall not be entitled to payment for, and shall refund any payments made to Service Provider for, any services performed on a project if the Work contains any Pre-existing IP that was not approved in accordance with this Section.
● Worker classificationProject Owner assumes all liability for proper classification of workers as independent contractor or employees based on applicable legal guidelines. This Agreement does not create a partnership or agency relationship between the Project Owner and Service Provider. Service Provider does not have authority to enter into written or oral — whether implied or express — projects on behalf of the Project Owner. Service Provider acknowledges that archiparti does not, in any way, supervise, direct, or control Service Provider's Work or services performed in any manner. archiparti does not set Service Provider's Work hours and location of work. archiparti will not provide Service Provider with training or any equipment, labor or materials needed for a particular project.
archiparti will not deduct any amount for withholding, unemployment, Social Security, or other taxes as it would in the case of an employee. Project Owner and Service Provider will be solely responsible for all tax returns and payments required to be filed with or made to any federal, state, or local tax authority with respect to Service Provider's Performance of Services.
For projects classified as independent contractor relationships, the Project Owner may not require an exclusive relationship between the Project Owner and Service Provider. A Service Provider classified as independent contractor is free at all times to provide Services to persons or businesses other than the Project Owner, including any competitor of the Project Owner.
Project Owner and Service Provider agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Indemnified Parties (as hereinafter defined) from any and all claims arising out of or related to their Service Contract, including but not limited to claims that Service Provider was misclassified as an independent contractor, any liabilities arising from a determination by a court, arbitrator, governmental agency or other body that Service Provider was misclassified as an employee (including, but not limited to, taxes, penalties, interest and attorney’s fees), any claim that archiparti was an employer or joint employer of Service Provider, as well as claims under any employment-related laws, such as those relating to employment termination, employment discrimination, harassment or retaliation, as well as any claims for overtime pay, sick leave, holiday or vacation pay, retirement benefits, worker’s compensation benefits, unemployment benefits, or any other employee benefits.
● Audit RightsMember each shall: (i) create and maintain records to document to archiparti’s satisfaction of its obligations under this Agreement and any Service Contract, including without limitation its payment obligations and compliance with tax laws, and (ii) provide copies of such records to archiparti upon request. archiparti, or archiparti’s advisors or agents, shall have the right, but not the obligation, to routinely, but no less frequently than annually, audit Member’s operations and records to confirm compliance. Nothing in this provision should be construed as providing archiparti with the right or obligation to supervise or monitor the actual services performed by the Member.
● Entire AgreementThe terms and conditions set forth in this Section and any additional or different terms expressly agreed by the Member shall constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the Member with respect to each Service Contract and shall cancel and supersede any other prior or contemporaneous discussions, agreements, representations, warranties, and/or other communications between them. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Member shall always remain subject to the terms of this Agreement.
Acknowledgements by Members of archiparti’s role
● Service Contracts
Project Owners and Members expressly acknowledge, agree and understand that:
1. the archiparti Platform is merely a venue where Project Owners and Members may cooperate together;
2. archiparti is not a party to any Service Contracts between Project Owners and Members;
3. Project Owners and Members recognize, acknowledge and agree that Project Owners and Members are not employees of archiparti and that archiparti does not, in any way, supervise, direct, or control Work or services;
4. archiparti shall not have any liability or obligations under or related to Service Contracts or any acts or omissions by Project Owners and Members;
5. archiparti has no control over Members or over the Work promised or rendered by Members; and,
6. archiparti makes no representations as to the reliability, capability, or qualifications of any Member or the quality, security or legality of any Work, and archiparti disclaims any and all liability relating thereto.
● Proprietary Rights
archiparti and its licensors reserve all Proprietary Rights in and to the archiparti Platform and archiparti. Members may not use the archiparti Platform except as necessary for the purposes of discharging its obligations under this Agreement and any Service Contract entered into pursuant to this Agreement and on the terms set out in the Service Contract. archiparti reserves the right to withdraw, expand and otherwise change the archiparti Platform at any time in archiparti’s sole discretion. Members shall not be entitled to create any “links” to the archiparti Platform, or “frame” or “mirror” any content contained on, or accessible through, the archiparti Platform, on any other server or internet-based device. archiparti alone (and its licensors, where applicable) shall own all right, title and interest, including all related Proprietary Rights, in and to any suggestions, ideas, enhancement requests, feedback, recommendations or other information provided by you or any other party relating to the archiparti Platform and archiparti. This Agreement is not a sale and does not convey to you any rights of ownership in or related to the archiparti Platform and archiparti, or any Proprietary Rights owned by archiparti. archiparti’s name, logo, and the product names associated with archiparti or the archiparti Platform are trademarks of archiparti or third parties, and no right or license is granted to use them.
● archiparti’s Compensation
All archiparti Fees are non-refundable, whether or not Service Contracts were satisfactorily completed.
Fees & Payments
● Formal Invoices and Taxes
archiparti shall have no responsibility for determining the necessity of or for issuing any formal invoices, or for determining, remitting, or withholding any taxes applicable to Member fees. Instead, Members shall be solely responsible for determining whether it is required by applicable law to issue any formal invoices for the Members fees and for issuing any invoices so required. Members shall also be solely responsible for:
1. determining whether Members or archiparti is required by applicable law to remit to the appropriate authorities any value added tax or any other taxes or similar charges applicable to the Member fees, and remitting any such taxes or charges to the appropriate authorities on behalf of itself or archiparti, as appropriate; and
2. determining whether archiparti is required by applicable law to withhold any amount of the Member fees, notifying archiparti of any such requirement and indemnifying the Indemnified Parties (either by permitting archiparti to offset the relevant amount against a future payment of Member fees or by refunding to archiparti the relevant amount, at archiparti’s sole discretion) for any requirement to pay any withholding amount to the appropriate authorities. archiparti shall have the right, but not the obligation, to audit and monitor Member’s compliance with applicable tax laws as required by this Section.
Further, in the event of an audit of archiparti, Member agrees to promptly cooperate with archiparti and provide copies of Member’s tax returns, and other documents as may be reasonably requested for purposes of such audit.
● Billing Member
For all Projects, the members are billed immediately.
Members hereby authorizes archiparti (and its Payment Processor) to run credit card authorizations on all credit cards provided by the members, to store credit card details as member’s method of payment for Work, and to charge the Member’s credit card (or any other form of payment authorized by archiparti or mutually agreed to between the Members and archiparti).
● “Confidential Information” means Project Owner or Service Provider Owned Items, Work, and any other information provided to, or created by, a Project Owner or Service Provider for a project, regardless of whether in tangible, electronic, verbal, graphic, visual or other form. Confidential Information does not include material or information that:
1. is generally known by third parties as a result of no act or omission of Service Provider or Project Owner;
2. subsequent to disclosure hereunder, was lawfully received without restriction on disclosure from a third party having the right to disseminate the information;
3. was already known by Service Provider prior to receiving it from the other party and was not received from a third party in breach of that third party’s obligations of confidentiality; or
4. was independently developed by Project Owner or Service Provider without use of Confidential Information.
● To the extent a Project Owner or Service Provider provides Confidential Information to the other and/or to archiparti, the recipient shall protect the secrecy of the Confidential Information with the same degree of care as it uses to protect its own confidential information, but in no event with less than due care, and shall not:
1. disclose Confidential Information to anyone except, in the case of archiparti, to any Project Owner or Service Provider engaged in a project; and
2. use the Confidential Information, except as necessary for the performance of Work for the relevant project (including, without limitation, the storage or transmission of Confidential Information on or through archiparti Platform for use by Service Provider).
● Return: If and when Confidential Information is no longer needed for the performance of Work for the relevant project, or at the Project Owner’s or Service Provider's Written request (which may be made at any time at Project Owner’s or Service Provider's Sole discretion), the Project Owner or Service Provider (as the case may be) shall promptly destroy or return all Confidential Information and any copies thereof contained in or on its premises, systems, or any other equipment otherwise under its control. Each of Project Owner or Service Provider, as applicable, agrees to provide written certification to the party disclosing the Confidential Information of compliance within ten (10) days after the receipt of disclosing party’s written request to certify.
● Publications: The Project Owner, Service Provider and archiparti shall not publish, or cause to be published, any Confidential Information or Work, except as may be necessary for performance of Work for a relevant project, or under permission of the other parties.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE STATED ON THE ARCHIPARTI PLATFORM (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ON THE SITE) OR BY ANY OF ARCHIPARTI’S REPRESENTATIVES, ARCHIPARTI MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTY AS TO THE RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, AVAILABILITY, SAFETY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SERVICES, WORK PRODUCT, ARCHIPARTI PLATFORM, QUALITY OR CAPACITY OF THE PROJECT OWNER OR MEMBER, OR ANY ITEMS OR ACTIVITIES RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT (COLLECTIVELY THE “DISCLAIMED ITEMS”). ARCHIPARTI DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT
● THE USE OF THE ARCHIPARTI PLATFORM WILL BE SECURE, TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER HARDWARE, APPLICATION, SYSTEM OR DATA,
● THE DISCLAIMED ITEMS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS,
● ANY STORED DATA WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE,
● THE QUALITY OF THE DISCLOSED ITEMS, AS WELL AS ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE ARCHIPARTI PLATFORM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS,
● ERRORS OR DEFECTS IN THE DISCLAIMED ITEMS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR
● THE ARCHIPARTI PLATFORM IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
THE DISCLAIMED ITEMS ARE PROVIDED TO YOU STRICTLY ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY AND MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW BY archiparti. archiparti MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTY AS TO THE RELIABILITY, SAFETY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE DISCLAIMED ITEMS, AS WELL AS ANY SERVICES, PRODUCTS OR GOODS OBTAINED BY THIRD PARTIES THROUGH THE USE OF THE DISCLAIMED ITEMS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF THE DISCLAIMED ITEMS REMAINS SOLELY WITH YOU, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
ARCHIPARTI’S PLATFORM MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN THE USE OF THE INTERNET AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS. archiparti IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DELAYS, DELIVERY FAILURES, OR OTHER DAMAGES OF WHATSOEVER NATURE RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS.
Limitation of Liability of archiparti
IN NO EVENT SHALL archiparti’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY EXCEED THE GREATER OF:
● US$2,500; AND
● ANY archiparti FEES RETAINED BY archiparti WITH RESPECT TO PROJECTS ON WHICH PROJET OWNER AND SERVICE PROVIDER WAS INVOLVED AS MEMBER DURING THE SIX (6) MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE DATE OF THE CLAIM.
IN NO EVENT SHALL archiparti BE LIABLE TO ANYONE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE OR KIND (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY, LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE). archiparti SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE DISCLAIMED ITEMS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE archiparti PLATFORM OR AS TO THE QUALITY OR CAPACITY OF THE PROJECT OWNER OR SERVICE PROVIDER, ANY RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY ADVERTISING, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY RELATIONSHIP OR TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER, ADVERTISER OR SPONSOR WHOSE ADVERTISING APPEARS ON THE archiparti PLATFORM OR IS REFERRED BY archiparti OR THE archiparti PLATFORM, EVEN IF archiparti HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DECISIONS YOU MAKE REGARDING THE SERVICES AND WORK OFFERED VIA THE archiparti PLATFORM RESTS SOLELY WITH YOU. WE WILL NOT ASSESS THE SUITABILITY, LEGALITY OR ABILITY OF ANY SUCH PROJECT OWNER OR SERVICE PROVIDER OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES AND YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE archiparti FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION, OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE archiparti PLATFORM, OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE PROJECT OWNER, SERVICE PROVIDER OR THIRD PARTIES INTRODUCED TO YOU BY THE archiparti PLATFORM, OR WITH RESPECT TO THE PERFORMANCE OF ANY OBLIGATIONS WITH ANY PROJECT OWNER AND SERVICE PROVIDER, AS WELL AS ALL LOSSES RELATING THERETO.
Limitation of Liability of members
The Project Owner agrees, in recognition of the relative risks and benefits to both the Supplier and member, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to limit the liability of the member, and its Consultants to the Supplier and to all construction contractors and subcontractors on the project for any and all claims, losses, costs, damages of any nature whatsoever or claims, expenses from any cause or causes, so that the total aggregate liability of the member and its Consultants to all those named shall not exceed the amount of insurance coverage provided by the member and project Consultants which remains available at the time of settlement or judgment. Such claims and causes include, but are not limited to negligence, professional errors or omissions, strict liability, breach of contract or warranty whether expressed or implied. The Supplier, its agents, employees, independent contractors, successors and or assigners ("the Supplier Parties") shall indemnify and hold the project owner harmless against any and all claims arising out of the negligent acts of the Supplier Parties or any breach of this Agreement.
Each Project Owner and Service Provider shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless archiparti and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their shareholders, directors officers, agents, employees, representatives and agents (each an “Indemnified Party”, and collectively the “Indemnified Parties”)) from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and all related costs and expenses) arising from or relating to any claim, judgment, or adjudication that any Work, Services or action or omission by such Member infringes Proprietary Rights or other rights of any third party.
● Project Owner shall indemnify and hold harmless the Service Providers and archiparti from and against any and all third party claims, demands, losses, damages and reasonable expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees) arising from or in connection with the conduct of this agreement.
● Service Providers shall indemnify and hold harmless the project owner and archiparti from and against any and all third party claims, demands, losses, damages and reasonable expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees) arising from or in connection with the conduct of this agreement.
Any indemnity in favour of archiparti, and any release of archiparti, shall also be construed as being an indemnity or release, as the case may be, of the Indemnified Parties.
Dispute Resolution/Governing Law
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong, excluding that body of law relating to conflict of laws. The parties agree that any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, will be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with Hong Kong arbitration rules. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitration will take place in Hong Kong SAR, China and be conducted in the English language. The decision rendered by the arbitrator will be binding upon the parties hereto, and any judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of courts in Hong Kong. Venue will lie exclusively in Hong Kong. For the sake of clarity, nothing in this paragraph shall affect archiparti ’s ability to seek from a court injunctive or equitable relief at any time.
Independent Legal Advice
You acknowledge that archiparti is not providing any legal advice, and that you have been afforded an opportunity to obtain independent legal advice with respect to this Agreement and the Service Contracts, and that you understand the nature and the consequences of this Agreement and the project agreement.
Term and Termination
This Agreement is effective from the date that you first access the Website or submit any information to archiparti, whichever is earlier, and shall remain effective until terminated in accordance with its terms. archiparti may immediately terminate this Agreement, and/or your access to and use of the Website, or any portion thereof, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause, without prior notice. This Agreement will also terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any term or provision of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement by either party, your right to use the Website shall immediately cease, and you shall destroy all copies of information that you have obtained from the Website, whether made under the terms of this Agreement or otherwise. All disclaimers and all limitations of liability and all archiparti rights of ownership shall survive any termination. We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify, discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website, or any part or portion thereof, with or without notice to you. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Website, or any part of portion thereof. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to obligate archiparti to maintain and support the Website, or any part or portion thereof, during the term of this Agreement.
The website, including but not limited to the information and services, are provided “as is” and “with all faults” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, and all warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of title, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, any warranties that may arise from course of dealing, course of performance or usage of trade, and any warranties that the information and website is current and/or up-to-date are hereby expressly disclaimed to the fullest extent permissible under applicable law.
There is no warranty, representation or guarantee that the website, or your use of the website, will be uninterrupted, complete, accurate, current, reliable, error-free, secure, or that any problems will be corrected, or that the website, or any information, software or other material accessible from the website, is free of viruses or other harmful components. We do not warrant, guarantee, or make any representation regarding the use of, or the results of the use of the website either in terms of its compatibility with hardware or other software or equipment, and you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the website and/or services and information and your reliance thereon.
archiparti makes no warranty, representation or guarantee with respect to products and services offered by third-party sellers on the website, and archiparti specifically disclaims any warranty, representation or guarantee with respect to the quality, safety, legality or other characteristics of such products and services, or with respect to the conduct of any third-party seller in connection with such offers or sales.
The term of this Agreement commences on the Effective Date and continues in effect until terminated in accordance with section below.
Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause, effective immediately upon written notice to the other party (or by terminating or suspending User’s account), provided, that any such termination for convenience shall not affect the validity of any Service Contracts that have been executed prior to termination and this Agreement shall continue to apply with respect to such Service Contracts.
● Consequences of Termination
Termination shall not relieve Members of the requirement to pay for time spent and expenses incurred prior to the effective date of the termination, which fees and expenses, together with any applicable taxes, shall be invoiced to the Members following termination clauses and charged to the Member's’ credit card or other form of payment pursuant payment sections. All terms set forth herein which by their nature survive termination shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
Third-Party Products and Services
You may be provided the opportunity to purchase products and services offered and sold by third parties (“Products”) through the Services. The information provided for any Product listing is provided by archiparti’s third-party vendors, and, while we require vendors to provide complete, accurate and non- misleading Product information, we do not represent, warrant or guarantee that such Product descriptions are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free, and we are not responsible for, and disclaim any liability arising from or relating to, such Product listing information. All purchases of Products made by you through the Services are a direct sale and purchase between you and the applicable vendor. archiparti is not a party to such transaction, and only facilitates the transaction between you and the vendor by providing a marketplace for the marketing, offering and sale of Products. Payments for Products transacted through the Service will be remitted to the vendor, and the vendor will be solely responsible for fulfilling and shipping your order, providing related members support and warranty service and processing returns and exchanges. The Services will facilitate your communication with the vendor for the purpose of making return, exchange or warranty requests or making claims for non-delivery, damaged goods or items not as described in accordance with any applicable terms or policies in the Product listing. In addition, the Services may alert you to any Product issues or recalls of which the vendor notifies archiparti. archiparti does not provide any warranty on any of the Products, whether express or implied, and does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any responsibility or liability for the actions or inactions of the third-party vendors of such Products, or for the Products offered, sold or provided by, any third party through the Service. Descriptions or images of, or references to, third-party Products or publications on the Website do not imply our endorsement of such Products and publications, and we are not responsible for, and disclaim any endorsement of, any such Product or publication. Reviews are solely the opinions of the users that post them and none of the Reviews contain or reflect any opinions or views of archiparti.
The Website is owned and operated by archiparti and its licensors, and the Information and Services (and any intellectual property and other rights relating thereto) are and will remain the property of archiparti and its licensors and suppliers. The Information and Services are protected by Hong Kong and international copyright, trademark, and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable. Except as set forth in this Agreement, you may not copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, sub-license, sell, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any part of the Website or any Service or Information without our prior written permission. The Information, Website, and Services may be used solely (a) to the extent permitted in this Agreement or (b) as expressly authorized in writing by archiparti or, if so indicated in writing by archiparti, its licensors or suppliers. Use of the Website or any Services or Information for any other purpose is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Website or any Services or Information. The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on the Website (collectively, the “Trademarks”) are the registered and unregistered trademarks of archiparti, archiparti licensors and suppliers, and/or others. archiparti is a trademark of archiparti, Limited Nothing contained in this Agreement or the Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark(s) without the express written permission of archiparti, archiparti licensors or suppliers, or the third party owner of any such Trademark, except as set forth in the following paragraph.
archiparti Buttons, Links and Widgets
You may use the archiparti buttons, links and widgets displayed on the ‘Buttons and Badges’ section of this Website provided that (a) such buttons, links and widgets link only to the Website; (b) you do not modify such buttons, links, widgets or associated code in any manner, (c) you do not use any such buttons, links, widgets in any manner which implies or suggests that archiparti operates, endorses, sponsors or recommends the website on which such buttons, links and widgets are used, and (d) the use of such buttons, links and widgets, and the website on which such buttons, links and widgets are used do not violate the archiparti acceptable use policy stated above. You acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to the archiparti trademarks are our exclusive property, and any goodwill generated by your use of any archiparti trademark will inure to our exclusive benefit. You will not take any action that is in conflict with our rights in or ownership of any archiparti trademark. We retain the right to revoke the permission to use such buttons, links and widgets at any time for any reason.
Claims of Copyright or Trademark Infringement
Agent to Receive Notices of Claimed Infringement
archiparti International Limited
25/F Workington Tower, 78 Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
All the Rest
● Entire Agreement
This Agreement sets forth the entire agreement and understanding of the parties relating to its subject matter and cancels and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous discussions, agreements, representations, warranties, and other communications between them.
● Side Agreements
Members may enter into any supplemental or other written agreement that they deem appropriate (e.g., confidentiality agreement, work for hire agreement, assignment of rights, etc.), but which for greater certainty archiparti will not be a party to. The terms and conditions of this Agreement, however, will govern and supersede any term or condition in a side agreement that purports to expand archiparti’s obligations or restrict archiparti’s rights under this Agreement.
Members shall not violate any laws or third party rights on or related to the archiparti Platform. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Members agrees to comply with all applicable import and export control laws and third parties’ Proprietary Rights.
● Notices: Consent to Electronic Notice
You consent to the use of:
1. electronic means to complete this Agreement and to deliver any notices pursuant to this Agreement; and
2. electronic records to store information related to this Agreement or your use of the archiparti Platform.
Notices hereunder shall be invalid unless made in writing and given: 1. by archiparti via email (in each case to the address that you provide),
2. a posting on the archiparti Site or
3. by you via email to [email protected] or to such other addresses as archiparti may specify in writing. The date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
No modification or amendment to this Agreement shall be binding upon archiparti unless in a written instrument signed by a duly authorized representative of archiparti. A written instrument shall expressly exclude electronic communications such as email and electronic notices but shall include facsimiles.
● No Waive
The failure or delay of either party to exercise or enforce any right or claim does not constitute a waiver of such right or claim and shall in no way affect that party’s right to later enforce or exercise it, unless such party issues an express written waiver, signed by a duly authorized representative of each party.
Members may not assign this Agreement, or any of its rights or obligations hereunder, without archiparti’s prior written consent in the form of a written instrument signed by a duly authorized representative of archiparti (and, for the purposes of this Section, a written instrument shall expressly exclude electronic communications such as email and electronic notices but shall include facsimiles). archiparti may freely assign this Agreement without consent of User. Any attempted assignment or transfer in violation of this Section will be null and void. Subject to the foregoing restrictions, this Agreement will inure to the benefit of the successors and permitted assigns of the parties.
If and to the extent any provision of this Agreement is held illegal, invalid, or unenforceable in whole or in part under applicable law, such provision or such portion thereof shall be ineffective as to the jurisdiction in which it is illegal, invalid, or unenforceable to the extent of its illegality, invalidity, or unenforceability, and shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary to conform to applicable law so as to give the maximum effect to the intent of the parties. The illegality, invalidity, or unenforceability of such provision in that jurisdiction shall not in any way affect the legality, validity, or enforceability of such provision in any other jurisdiction or of any other provision in any jurisdiction.
The parties hereto acknowledge that they have requested and are satisfied that this Agreement be drawn up in English. The English language version of this Agreement shall be controlling in all respects and shall prevail in case of any inconsistencies with translated versions, if any.
“Confidential Information” means Member Owned Items, Work, and any other information provided to, or created by, a Member for a project, regardless of whether in tangible, electronic, verbal, graphic, visual or other form. Confidential Information does not include material or information that:
● is generally known by third parties as a result of no act or omission of Service Provider or Project Owner;
● subsequent to disclosure hereunder, was lawfully received without restriction on disclosure from a third party having the right to disseminate the information;
● was already known by User prior to receiving it from the other party and was not received from a third party in breach of that third party’s obligations of confidentiality; or
● was independently developed by Project Owner or Service Provider without use of Confidential Information.
“Effective Date” means the date of acceptance of this Agreement.
“Fixed-Price” means a fixed fee agreed between a Project Owner and Service Provider, prior to the commencement of a Project, for the completion of all Services requested by Project Owner for such Project.
“Fixed-Price Project” means a Project for which Project Owner is charged a Fixed-Price.
“Hourly Project” means a project for which Project Owner is charged an hourly price.
“Service Provide” means any company or individual User utilizing the archiparti Platform to offer Services to Project Owners.
“Member” means any company or individual User utilizing the archiparti Platform.
“archiparti fees” means:
● for a Fixed-Price or hourly project, the Fixed-Price or hourly retainer; and
● any bonuses paid or other payments made by a Project Owner for a project.
“Member Owned Items” means instructions, requests, intellectual property and any other information or materials that a Project Owner receives from a Member for a particular project.
“Project” means a particular project or set of ongoing tasks for which a Project Owner has requested Services to be performed by a Member and the Member has agreed on the archiparti Platform.
“Project Owner” means any User utilizing the archiparti Platform to request Services to be performed by a Member. From time to time, archiparti may act as a Project Owner, and the terms and conditions of this Agreement applicable to Project Owners will apply to archiparti when acting in this way.
“Project Owner Owned Items” means instructions, requests, intellectual property and any other information or materials that a Member receives from a Project Owner for a particular project.
“Proprietary Rights” means any and all rights, title, ownership and interest in and to copyrights, mask works, industrial designs, trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade secrets, patents, and any other rights to intellectual property, recognized in any jurisdiction, whether or not perfected.
“Services” means web development, software development, writing, translation, administrative, marketing, design project owner service, sales, data entry, general business services and other knowledge-based or online services.
“Work” means any tangible or intangible results or deliverables that Member agrees to create for, or actually delivers to, Project Owner as a result of performing the Services on a particular Project, including, but not limited to, configurations, computer programs or other information, or customized hardware, and any intellectual property developed in connection therewith.
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire Agreement between you and us relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements between you and us with respect to such subject matter. This Agreement may not be changed, waived or modified except by archiparti as provided herein or otherwise by written instrument signed by archiparti. Neither this Agreement nor any right, obligation, or remedy hereunder is assignable, transferable, delegatable, or sub licensable by you except with archiparti ’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, transfer, delegation, or sublicense shall be null and void. archiparti may assign, transfer, or delegate this Agreement or any right or obligation or remedy hereunder in its sole discretion. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption, or section title contained in this Agreement is inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof.
This Website is Operated By
archiparti International Limited
Effective April 27, 2016
That’s it! If you have any questions or comments concerning these Terms you can always contact us at [email protected]